Set Up a Limited Company
Set up a limited company today. We can help with all aspects of company formation and registration; providing on-going guidance to help your business grow.
Set Up a Limited Company
At DS Burge & Co, our team are experts in helping you set up a new limited company quickly and easily. We can help advise on the best structure to meet your needs, guide you through all the legal obligations that Companies House require.
Once your business is registered, we can also help provide company secretarial services and offer on-going support with all your accounting and tax requirements. From bookkeeping to payroll, we’re here to help you grow.
Why you should use DS Burge & Co to help set up your limited company
- We can help with all aspects of company formation and registration
- Once set-up we provide on-going guidance to help your business grow
- We’ll also help ensure you meet all legal obligations, such as registering for corporation tax which must be completed within 3 months from when your company starts trading
Ready to register your company?
Schedule a free consultation to find out how we can help get your limited company set-up
Which company structure should I choose?
Before registering a new company, you first need to decide which structure you’d prefer. As part of our service, we’ll help advise you based on your individual requirements, so we set up your limited company with the best structure to meet your needs.
The three main types of legal entity are a Private Limited Company (“Limited” or “LTD”), a Limited Liability Partnership (LLP) and a Company Limited by Guarantee:
Private Limited Company:
- The most common type of company incorporation
- Primarily used for businesses that are set-up to generate profit for the owner(s) of the business
- Protects personal assets by limiting financial liability to the value of the share(s) in the business
- Mainly used for professionals and consultants who want to keep the flexibility of a traditional partnership, but want to limit their liability so that personal finances are protected should the business encounter financial difficulties
- An LLP also offers flexible tax benefits, and the business won’t pay corporation tax as each business partner is responsible for paying tax through their self-assessment tax return
Company Limited by Guarantee:
- Often used by non-profit organisations in the UK, for example, membership organisations, charities and sports clubs
- This type of company structure protects the personal finances of the company owners in the same way a Private Limited company protects shareholders – although instead of shareholders and shares this structure has guarantors and guarantees
- Profits are typically re-invested back into the company. Although guarantors can take profits from the company, doing so will mean any charitable status will be relinquished
My experience has been excellent using your company I couldn't ask for any moreThank youKennie B.
DS Burge & Co chartered Accountants have always offered excellent personalised service and have been very helpful with all my queries no matter how varied they were. I have been using their services for years and can highly recommend this company.Karin B.
Experienced, organised and knowledgable, I felt looked after and in safe handsDr C.
Very efficient and easily accessible. Responds quickly to communication. I would recommend to others.Cath G.
Excellent service from DS Burge and Co; very responsive and pragmatic and helpful approach. Extremely well priced service. My wife and I have used their services for a number of years and have always been extremely impressed.Julian T.
Last year I got a very scary letter from HMRC demanding I pay them £17k in lost taxes. Kieran from DS Burge & Co was extremely knowledgeable and helpful in getting that bill largely reduced and ensuring that HMRC don't make the same mistake again. Would highly recommend their services to anyoneAlexis P.
DS Burge have been invaluable in helping with my tax returns and planning, and forming a number of companies for me. The team are friendly, results focused and knowledgeable.Alexander P.
I am delighted with the service I receive and the help I always get and the availability of Kieran and Yuko to assist me.I am extremely grateful that the fees have not rocketed up.I feel safe in their hands and a valued customer. I have only positive comments to give.Marion L.
Professional and very helpful on all fronts.Great response to all enquiries.Steven B.
Efficient, personable and highly professional. Would highly recommend!Dominic R.
I started using DS Burge and Co following a recommendation from my brother. I have been with them now for 6 or 7 years now and I always find them to be extremely responsive and efficient. Kieran and Darius are extremely knowledgeable and up to date. I have recommended them to a number of friends who have started using them and then told me how good they. This reflects well on me but it has also confirmed my impression that they are a quality outfit.Dr M.
Prompt professional service.Alex a.
Excellent service. Taxes and incorporation of my company sorted promptly.IMGS
I started my own business at the beginning of the year, and I decided to use DS Burge as my accountants based on recommendations from a few friends who were long term customers.So far their levels of service and professionalism have been fantastic. They have helped guide me through all the hurdles I expected (and some I didn't).As you would expect you have a lot on your plate when you set-up from scratch, but they have always been on hand to help.Ali W.
I've been using DS Burge for many years and they have always provided a great service. I use them for my personal finances, and for two businesses also. Very knowledgeable in all areas, and always available and helpful.Julian W.
Had a great experience with DS Burge, and particularly Kieran. He made the process nice and easy and was a help throughout. Can't recommend highly enoughJason M.
We have used DS Budge & Co since we set up the company 11 years ago and I can honestly say that we wouldn’t still be here if it hadn’t been for their assistance over the years. They are not only first rate accountants but trusted, loyal advisors and friends – I could not recommend them more highly.Camilla H.
Have been using DS Burge & Co ever since I started having to do a tax return both personally and for a limited company. Always very detailed and quick responses to any queries and thorogh explanations. Great at ensuring tax payable is the most efficient it can be. Would highly recommend.Jack M.
Very fast and friendly service.Rosemaria E.
Excellent service, would not hesitate in recommending you to anyone, and have.Miss P.
Very smooth process from start to finish. I was assisted with a complex matter which had been badly handled by my previous accountant and the resolution was quick under Mr Burge’s stewardship. Highly recommend.Henry B.
What do you need to register a limited company?
To register a limited company in the UK, you’ll require the following details:
- Memorandum of Association: business name, location, and business activity type (SIC Code)
- Directors names, addresses, and the registered address of your new limited company (as part of our company secretarial services you can use our Surbiton address if you’d prefer
- A list of share capital and shareholder details along with any people of significant control (PSC) – you need at least one shareholder allocated at least one share
- Articles of Association: outlines the director’s powers and shareholder rights. Most companies use the Model Articles of Association for this.
When picking your company name, we’ll need to check the Companies House register that it is unique and not already registered to another business.
There are also certain words that Companies House list as ‘sensitive’, which means to register this type of name you’ll need permission for the relevant authority. Examples are “Dental” or “Royal”.
We’ll also need you to provide proof of ID and proof of address. This is to comply with Anti-Money Laundering (AML) regulations and ‘Know Your Customer’ (KYC) requirements.
We also recommend that you set-up a business bank account, and we can help advise on suitable services.
Don't delay! Get in Touch
If you are considering switching accountants, we can help make the switch smooth, quick and hassle-free.