Bookkeeping services for small and medium-sized businesses. Outsourcing your Bookkeeping to us is quick and easy, so you can focus on running your business.
At DS Burge & Co we offer both onsite and remote bookkeeping services for small businesses. Fully tailored to your needs, you'll get a qualified accountant who'll take time to understand your business and provide valuable financial recommendations.
Most companies choose an ongoing bookkeeping service, but we can also offer one-off project work to help bring your accounts up to date. Whichever option you choose, we'll make the process quick and straightforward so you can focus on running your business.
From solo entrepreneurs to large businesses, bookkeeping is a critical part of accountancy. Let us free up your time, provide a real-time view of your business finances, and help you make the most of available tax relief.
Advantages of using DS Burge & Co's bookkeeping service
- You get a dedicated manager and 24/7 access to your business financials online
- We take the stress and hassle of keeping on top of your records, so you can focus on running your business and stay safe in the knowledge you're meeting your statutory deadlines
- We'll explain everything, from what records you need to keep and what you can claim. With regular tax efficiency reviews, we can advise how you can reduce your tax liability
- As an additional service, we can also prepare management accounts to help you get an even greater understanding of your finances and performance vs budgets
We help you get in control, save money and save time
Schedule a free consultation to find out how we can help with your bookkeeping, so you can make better commercial decisions.
Why bookkeeping is required
Bookkeeping is critical to running a successful small business. It allows you to get an instant and accurate snapshot of your business finances and tax liabilities so that you can make more informed business decisions. You need real-time insight into your business, and your cash-flow, for example:
- How much money you've made
- Who owes you money
- How much you owe
- How much you can take from your company in dividends
Many business owners don't have the time or resources to commit to staying on top of everyday accounting alongside their other day to day tasks.
There are also legal obligations to keep financial and accounting records up-to-date, as HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) may check your filings to make sure you're paying the right amount of tax. We can help you meet these responsibilities, as failure can lead to a £3,000 fine or you could be disqualified as a company director.
If your accounts are already overdue, don't hesitate to get in touch. We can even offer an express accounting service.
- My experience has been excellent using your company I couldn't ask for any moreThank youKennie B.
- Very fast and friendly service.Rosemaria E.
- DS Burge have been invaluable in helping with my tax returns and planning, and forming a number of companies for me. The team are friendly, results focused and knowledgeable.Alexander P.
- DSBurge&Co provide and outstanding service for my company. I have used them for 20 years and see them as essential partners in my business providing a wide range of accounting services and financial advice. They definitely helped me to grow my business.David B.
- A superb local family owned business, providing high quality accounting and business services, with a friendly, personal touch and a flexible approach. Darius, Kieran and team deliver what their Customer's need when they need it and charge very reasonable fees. Highly recommended!Elmac V.
- Last year I got a very scary letter from HMRC demanding I pay them £17k in lost taxes. Kieran from DS Burge & Co was extremely knowledgeable and helpful in getting that bill largely reduced and ensuring that HMRC don't make the same mistake again. Would highly recommend their services to anyoneAlexis P.
- We have been with DS Burge for a little over two years and would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a candid, talented and hard working accountancy firm. We use them for both personal and business accounting. We wouldn't hesitate to suggest you call them.Rupert J.
- DS Burge & Co chartered Accountants have always offered excellent personalised service and have been very helpful with all my queries no matter how varied they were. I have been using their services for years and can highly recommend this company.Karin B.
- I started my own business at the beginning of the year, and I decided to use DS Burge as my accountants based on recommendations from a few friends who were long term customers. So far their levels of service and professionalism have been fantastic. They have helped guide me through all the hurdles I expected (and some I didn't). As you would expect you have a lot on your plate when you set-up from scratch, but they have always been on hand to help.Ali W.
- I've been using DS Burge for many years and they have always provided a great service. I use them for my personal finances, and for two businesses also. Very knowledgeable in all areas, and always available and helpful.Julian W.
- I have always had good, and prompt, advice and service from DS Burge. I would be happy to recommend them to anyone.Nick H.
- DS Burge & co operate a great accounting service. They are efficient, informed and friendly. Highly recommended.Paul C.
- We've used DS Burge & Co Accountants to process our business accounts for the past few years. Kieran and his team have provided an outstanding service during this time. Kieran's wealth of knowledge and understanding of finance and accounting has been invaluable for a business like ours. His advice and attention to detail is first class, and we would recommend DS Burge & Co Accountants to anybody in need of accounting services.Daryl H.
- When creative people get together their first topic of conversation isn't writing or film or music - but accountants. I have nothing but good things to say about Kieran Burge at D. S. Burge. As a professional author I need a good accountant, and Kieran is friendly, accurate, fast and good value. I'd not hesitate in recommending this firm -- Henry Gee, Author of 'A (Very) Short History of Life on Earth' and 'The Accidental Species, Mistunderstandings of Human Evolution'Henry G.
- Phenomenal service for nearly 10 years now. Would highly recommend.Richard B.
Offsite vs onsite bookkeeping
Typically, we help clients offsite – where we manage your bookkeeping from our Surbiton office. You'll get direct access to your accountant on the phone, email and face-to-face. You also get 24/7 access to your records online and via a handy mobile app.
Alternatively, if you're after onsite bookkeeping in Surrey and London, we can also help. One of our qualified bookkeepers can work at your offices, as a direct extension of your team. Depending on the work required, you may also opt for a hybrid approach.
Either way, you get peace of mind as our bookkeepers are quick and efficient, so you know your accounts are fully up-to-date and reconciled, so you're meeting your statutory obligations.
How our bookkeeping service works
The first step is to set up a direct connection between Xero accounting software and your bank. Transactions are then automatically and securely imported into Xero daily.
If your bank doesn't have this capability, we can opt for a manual import instead. As our bookkeepers are Xero trained and accredited, we can help find the simplest solution to meet your needs.
You can send us additional expense claims, cash purchases and invoice documentation via email, or prepaid mailbags, for us to manually upload.
With everything recorded on Xero, we can then reconcile your transactions. We'll assign expenses to relevant profit and loss accounts and ensure invoice payments match-up.
Don't delay! Get in Touch
If you are considering switching accountants, we can help make the switch smooth, quick and hassle-free.