Personal Tax Advice
Get personal tax advice from a specialist tax advisor. We have decades of experience and can help advise you on all areas of personal taxation
Personal Tax Advice
Personal tax advice from DS Burge & Co is available to anyone looking to get on top of their finances and reduce their personal tax liability. We can help you make the most of any available tax relief and ensure you stay compliant with HMRC.
There are many ways you will have to pay tax. For example, on your personal income, gains from the sale or disposal of assets, and on inheritance. The amount of personal tax you owe will depend on many factors, and your individual circumstances, which can make calculating your tax bill a complicated task.
We have provided tax advice to a range of customers to help them navigate the complexities of personal taxation. Our team of dedicated tax accountants keep on top of the latest legislation, so you don’t have to. We’re here to give you the best tax advice, help you plan for the future, and make sure you don’t pay more than you need to HMRC.
How personal tax advice from DS Burge & Co’s can help you
- We provide you with bespoke tax advice based on your personal finances – minimising your tax liability and keeping you compliant with HMRC
- With our personal tax planning, you get a complete understanding of your wealth profile, with periodic reports providing visibility on your tax risk and exposure, as and when you need them
- Our expert tax accountants can help advise in all areas of personal tax, from audit through to tax returns, as well as providing business tax advice if you’re a director or shareholder of your own company
- Let us handle the stress of dealing with HMRC. We can advise what you do and don’t need to disclose, and can liaise with them on your behalf
Get personal tax advice today
Schedule a free consultation to find out how we can help
Personal tax advice
We offer fully bespoke tax advice. Not only will we help advise you on any available allowances and relief, but we can also offer a complete range of accountancy services to help you stay on top of your personal taxation, from audit through to tax returns. Depending on your needs, we can help with:
- Self Assessment Tax Return – if you’re employed, and your only income is through an employer’s payroll (PAYE) then your income tax will have already been deducted. However, specific individuals such as business owners, freelancers and high earners need to submit a self assessment tax return.
- Capital Gains Tax (CGT) – if you’ve made or are planning to make any ‘gains’ from the sale or disposal of assets you may be required to pay CGT. The tax you’ll pay depends on several factors, the type of asset, and your allowance. Whether you need help as a private individual or a business, we can offer capital gains tax advice.
- Inheritance Tax – Inheritance tax is payable on an estate (property, money and possessions) of someone who has died. There are a multitude of considerations when calculating the inheritance tax due to HMRC. We must take the estate’s value, any available tax relief and tax exceptions into account. If you need inheritance tax advice or want to understand the overlap with capital gains tax, we’re here to help.
- Pension Tax Relief – Frequently, pension providers will calculate your contributions from your gross pay and take payment from your net salary. The provider will often claim back you tax relief at the basic tax rate, but if you pay the higher rate of income tax, you may be eligible to claim additional pension tax relief. We can help process your claim when we submit your tax return, or by contacting HMRC on your behalf.
Excellent service. Taxes and incorporation of my company sorted promptly.IMGS
Prompt professional service.Alex a.
DS Burge have been invaluable in helping with my tax returns and planning, and forming a number of companies for me. The team are friendly, results focused and knowledgeable.Alexander P.
I started using DS Burge and Co following a recommendation from my brother. I have been with them now for 6 or 7 years now and I always find them to be extremely responsive and efficient. Kieran and Darius are extremely knowledgeable and up to date. I have recommended them to a number of friends who have started using them and then told me how good they. This reflects well on me but it has also confirmed my impression that they are a quality outfit.Dr M.
I started my own business at the beginning of the year, and I decided to use DS Burge as my accountants based on recommendations from a few friends who were long term customers.So far their levels of service and professionalism have been fantastic. They have helped guide me through all the hurdles I expected (and some I didn't).As you would expect you have a lot on your plate when you set-up from scratch, but they have always been on hand to help.Ali W.
Had a great experience with DS Burge, and particularly Kieran. He made the process nice and easy and was a help throughout. Can't recommend highly enoughJason M.
We have used DS Budge & Co since we set up the company 11 years ago and I can honestly say that we wouldn’t still be here if it hadn’t been for their assistance over the years. They are not only first rate accountants but trusted, loyal advisors and friends – I could not recommend them more highly.Camilla H.
Very fast and friendly service.Rosemaria E.
Have been using DS Burge & Co ever since I started having to do a tax return both personally and for a limited company. Always very detailed and quick responses to any queries and thorogh explanations. Great at ensuring tax payable is the most efficient it can be. Would highly recommend.Jack M.
I've been using DS Burge for many years and they have always provided a great service. I use them for my personal finances, and for two businesses also. Very knowledgeable in all areas, and always available and helpful.Julian W.
Very efficient and easily accessible. Responds quickly to communication. I would recommend to others.Cath G.
Excellent service from DS Burge and Co; very responsive and pragmatic and helpful approach. Extremely well priced service. My wife and I have used their services for a number of years and have always been extremely impressed.Julian T.
Last year I got a very scary letter from HMRC demanding I pay them £17k in lost taxes. Kieran from DS Burge & Co was extremely knowledgeable and helpful in getting that bill largely reduced and ensuring that HMRC don't make the same mistake again. Would highly recommend their services to anyoneAlexis P.
Efficient, personable and highly professional. Would highly recommend!Dominic R.
Don't delay! Get in Touch
If you are considering switching accountants, we can help make the switch smooth, quick and hassle-free.