Corporation Tax Return
Get help with your Corporation Tax Return. Our accountants can remove the stress of filing your tax return, so you never miss a deadline.
Corporation Tax Return Service
At DS Burge & Co, our team of specialist tax accountants can help ensure your corporation tax return is filed correctly and submitted before the deadline.
In order to file a company tax return, we’ll need to work out how much corporation tax your business is liable for. Our specialist team will take advantage of any tax relief available to you. Our bespoke service allows us to help advise you on the latest exemptions, allowances and deductions available to minimise your tax liability.
By understanding your unique business needs, we can also advise the most efficient way to structure your business for growth and to mitigate risk.
Let us save you the headache and the stress of dealing with HMRC and do it on your behalf so you never miss a deadline and always pay the correct amount in tax.
How DS Burge & Co takes the stress out of your company tax return
- Prior to working on your Company Tax Return, we’ll ask for a number of documents from you, which you can post to us, send via email or upload via our website. We’ll ask for the information well in advance of the deadline so there is plenty of time for us to get them finalised, this also allows you more time to budget for your corporation tax.
- We’ll then check through your accounts, make sure everything is in order, and compute your Company Tax Return.
- As part of your Company Tax Return, we’ll also work out how much your business owes in Corporation Tax, taking advantage of any tax relief you can claim. Where possible, we’ll also help reduce your business’s tax liabilities.
- We’ll then submit your Corporation Tax Return CT600 and file it with HMRC and Companies Hosue
Let us take the stress out of your company tax return
Schedule a free consultation to find out how we can help file your corporation tax return
What is a corporation tax return?
If your business is a Limited company (“Limited” or “Ltd”) you must complete a Company Tax Return, officially known as a “Corporation Tax Return (CT600)”. This is irrespective of whether your business makes a profit or a loss.
If your business is a limited company based in the UK, you must pay corporation tax on your taxable profits. Even if your business isn’t primarily based in the UK, if you operate a UK branch or office you will need to pay corporation tax on profits from your UK actives.
To work out how much corporation tax you will need to pay, we will need to submit a company tax return on your behalf.
Company profits that are subject to corporation tax include:
- Trading profits
- Income from investments
- Chargeable gains (selling assets for more than they cost)
Following on from the submission of your company tax return, you will then need to pay your corporation tax before a secondary deadline (more below).
- Kieran and his team have always been very responsive and have known answers immediately to all sorts of unusual questions I have posed to them. I highly recommend their services.Chloe P.
- DS Burge & Co provide accountancy services to our company and have been extremely professional, helpful and accurate in their Tax, PAYE and Advisory services.I would recommend DS Burge & Co Accountants to anybody or any company in need of accounting services.Peter B.
- I started my own business at the beginning of the year, and I decided to use DS Burge as my accountants based on recommendations from a few friends who were long term customers. So far their levels of service and professionalism have been fantastic. They have helped guide me through all the hurdles I expected (and some I didn't). As you would expect you have a lot on your plate when you set-up from scratch, but they have always been on hand to help.Ali W.
- Phenomenal service for nearly 10 years now. Would highly recommend.Richard B.
- I have been using DS Burge & Co to do my company and personal accounts for the last few years, and have always found them to be very thorough and professional. Additionally they are always on hand to provide me with advice whenever i need it, in a friendly and personal way.Andy S.
- Very efficient and easily accessible. Responds quickly to communication. I would recommend to others.Cath G.
- I have been with Burge Accountants for many years now, and have always found them extremely helpful in answering any questions I may have and in giving advice. I have a lot of trust in them and find them extremely professional.Paul A.
- Excellent service, would not hesitate in recommending you to anyone, and have.Miss P.
- Always helpful, insightful and responsive. Easy to work with and professionally acute.Brian M.
- A superb local family owned business, providing high quality accounting and business services, with a friendly, personal touch and a flexible approach. Darius, Kieran and team deliver what their Customer's need when they need it and charge very reasonable fees. Highly recommended!Elmac V.
- Very smooth process from start to finish. I was assisted with a complex matter which had been badly handled by my previous accountant and the resolution was quick under Mr Burge’s stewardship. Highly recommend.Henry B.
- Fantastic service, would highly recommend. They were able to answer all my questions and queries with a quick response and made life very easy!Jon L.
- Extremely competent accountants with a great customer attention. Simply, the best accountants I've ever used. Totally recommended.Carlos M.
- Very professional and responsive service. Always there to answer any questions I had in an understandable fashion. Highly recommend.Sophie B.
- We have been working with Kieran for coming up to a year now. From the outset we found the service to be highly professional and supportive. The company are quick to respond to enquiries and go out of their way to support us as a client. They have helped our new adminstrator get on top of her bookeeping, which has been invaluable.Moving M.
Corporation tax return deadline?
The deadline for filing your Company Tax Return is 12 months after the end of your ‘accounting period’ it relates to. The exact date is not the same for every business, and will depend on when your company was set-up. If we didn’t help with your company formation, and you’re unsure of your accounting period we can help you find the relevant dates.
There is then a secondary deadline for actually paying your Corporation Tax. This is typically 9 months and one day after the end of your accounting period discussed above.
Please beware that there is a penalty for missing your Company Tax Return deadline, and this will vary depending on how late you file.
How to register for corporation tax?
In order to register for Corporation Tax you’ll need your company’s 10-digit Unique Taxpayer Reference (UTR). You can then register for Corporation Tax online using your Government Gateway user ID and password.
If you’re struggling to find this information please just get in touch, and we can help take care of the registration on your behalf.
Don't delay! Get in Touch
If you are considering switching accountants, we can help make the switch smooth, quick and hassle-free.